Hello Regina,

On Saturday 25 December 2010, 11:57, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have problems with fonts in a non-pro build of DEV300m95 and in older
> non-pro builds too. I work on WinXP.
>
> Check "Show preview of fonts" in Tools > Options > OOo > View.
> Start with a new text document or new spreadsheet document.
> Open the font selection drop-down list (In Calc you might have to enable
> it.)
> Scroll down or up. After "Garamond" in scrolling down or before
> "Georgia" in scrolling up, OOo crashes in Microsoft Visual C++ Library.
>
> Between "Garamond" and "Georgia" I have got the fonts "Gautami" and the
> "Gentium" fonts. I have removed the "Gentium" fonts, the Gautami font is
> a system font and cannot be removed. The crash in non-build still happens.
>
> The Gautami font is from file "gautami.ttf", version 1.21, with file
> size 214936Bytes. This seems to be OK, but it would be nice if someone
> could check his XP installation and compare.

Gautami does not crash here.
Sure it seems it's crashing due to Gautami, but maybe it's because another
font is involved.
Please try with the Character format dialog (Format - Character), with it it's
easier to isolate the problem to the specific fonts.
Here, only SIL fonts crash:

Doulos SIL
Gentium Basic
Gentium Book Basic

Gentium basic is just after Gautami. Selecting Gautami in the listbox does not
crash. It shows the font preview.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile