On 14.01.2011 13:33, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Carsten,

Carsten Driesner schrieb:
Hi,

we are currently working on removing the long deprecated tool types (
e.g. ULONG, USHORT, BYTE, UINT16, UINT32, UINT64, INT16, INT32, INT64,
BOOL, TRUE, FALSE ) to get rid of problems with clashing Windows API
types. There is a never ending story with native Windows code and
precompiled header, although the are prewin and postwin includes.
If you are working on larger code sections please try to use other types
preferring sal types (e.g. sal_uInt8, sal_Int8, sal_Bool,
sal_True/sal_False ...)

Is there a special reason to use sal_Bool, sal_True/sal_False instead of
the native bool, true, false? Or can I use the native ones, if I want?
Hi Regina,

As Stephan wrote you should prefer bool over sal_Bool except when interfacing API demands it. We use semi-automatic scripts to convert the old tools types. Therefore we have to use the "safer" type sal_Bool. If you work on your code you should decide which type bool/sal_Bool matches best.

Regards,
Carsten