Hello Christian,

On 2011/04/06 20:55, Christian Lippka wrote:
While Niklas and Daniel are absolutely right, make clean may not always
be what you want.

For example, if you just want to rebuild svx with debug and do a
make -sr clean, your next make in sw module would rebuild a lot of
stuff, since all dependency to svx would fire.

I see.

If you only want to rebuild all obj files with debug, what you can
do is

rm -fr $WORKDIR/CxxObject/svx
make -srj9 debug=t

a lot faster and also modules depending on svx will not need
a nearly full rebuild.

That makes sense. I gave it a try following your suggestion.
It took only 15 minutes to re-make svx with debug=t while 16 minutes to
entirely re-make svx which involved resource files for both en_US and ja.
Yes, you are right, it's faster! For dependency across modules, I am being
confused with the following unexpected phenomena.

Despite my expectation, libsvxsi.so has been "deliver"ed into $OUTDIR/lib/ without
explicitly executing "deliver.pl"
In addition to .so, Package_inc.mk seems to physically copy header files from
svx/inc/svx/ to $OUTDIR/inc/svx/.
$OUTDIR/inc/svx/deliver.log seems to be substituted with gb_deliver.log.

make -r deliverlog running on OpenSolaris x86 prints same type of warning
messages and then eventually create the log file.

$ make -r deliverlog
make: *** Warning: .LOW_RESOLUTION_TIME file
`/xxxxx/solver/300/unxsoli4/inc/svx/sxsoitm.hxx' has a high resolution time
stamp
...(repeated 2 by 500 times for each file)...

On OpenSolaris x86, even after executing "make -sr && make -r deliverlog," the
"delivered" file under $OUTDIR is slightly older (in nanoseconds) than its original one.
Consequently, copy action might occur again and again. Should I use /usr/gnu/bin/cp instead of /bin/cp, or
else???

$ stat $OUTDIR/inc/svx/sxsoitm.hxx
Modify: 2011-02-22 20:59:42.717474000 +0900

$ stat svx/inc/svx/sxsoitm.hxx
Modify: 2011-02-22 20:59:42.717474450 +0900

Anyway, things that I am facing are really fresh for me.
I have hit the road to explore the new, wonderful world, solenv/gbuild/ :-)

Thanks a lot, cheers!
Tora