Am 09.10.2011 09:35, schrieb Jan Holst Jensen:

> On 2011-10-09 09:21, Seth Shich wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to download the source for building Open Office. I am new
>> to all of this but have used SVN before (never Mercurial though). I
>> have Mac OS X 10.7.1.
>>
>> My problem is that when I type, hg clone
>> http://hg.services.openoffice.org/DEV300 ooo_source, nothing happens.
>> Finally, I get the following: error: abort: error: Operation timed out
>>
>> However, when I type, say, hg clone
>> https://code.google.com/p/core-plot/, it works.
>>

> OpenOffice source code has been moved to apache.org and I guess
> repositories too. I don't remember the exact links but I think you have
> a fair chance of getting started at:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/

This is an svn repository that carries the code for the next OOo release
that will be the first from an Apache tipi.

If you want to work on the current code base, there's a copy of the old
Mercurial OOo repository at bitbucket:

https://bitbucket.org/mst/ooo340

I'm surprised to see that the hg.services.openoffice.org server is down.
There was no announcement for that, so probably it's just a temporary
problem. Nevertheless, you can use bitbucket as a replacement.

BTW: building OOo on Mac OS X 10.7 is not easy. It doesn't work out of
the box. You have at least to back to the 10.4 SDK and XCode 3.2.6.

Please see the discussion here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201109.mbox/%3ce0296709-0cf0-4494-a518-e11f32e74...@herrmannsdorfer.de%3e

Regards,
Mathias