Hi Dennis,

dennis schrieb:
Hello,

My name is Dennis Groisman, and i`m an electrical and computer engineering
student. Last semester I took Introduction to parallel processing using MPI
and i thought of a small project involving OpenOffice.
I would like to try and change those functions in order to run them in
parallel processes using MPI or OpenMP.
Where can i get the source code for OpenOffice and how do i find the add
and the average functions in the source code..
If you know any similar attempts to parallelize those or another OpenOffice
functions, I would like to get emails of people trying to do this' or any
help you can offer.

Do you really want to work with OpenOffice.org code? You should know, that Apache got the license to continue development under Apache License, Version 2.0. And that the LibreOffice project continues development under MPL 1.1 / GPLv3+ / LGPLv3+. So you should base your work on that versions. The old code of OpenOffice.org is still available but not maintained anymore.

You can get the code together with every release. Look into the same directory, where you downloaded the product. There you will find the source.

Or you check it out from the actual repository from Apache [1] or LibreOffice [2].

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/source.html
[2] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/ (Scroll down to 'Clone')

Besides that, I do not know what you want to do. If you want to use functions from Calc, you can do that via API and need no source.

This list will be shout down in near future. You should ask on ooo-...@incubator.apache.org or on libreoff...@lists.freedesktop.org

Kind regards
Regina