Nick Whitelegg wrote:

> Regarding the "OpenTrail" OSM walking/hiking software

> idea that I'd
 like to develop given enough time (see earlier

> in the week), I'd like to
 ensure it's compatible with phones

> and other mobile devices. This will
 probably influence

> what language it's written in - my initial ideas are either
> C++(Qt), Java or C# (could share code with Igor in the

> last case).

Another option for the C++ library could be wxWidgets.  For Win, Lin, Mac its a
thin wrapper to nice looking native widgets, and looking at their website, has
some embedded support.  WinCE and some others, though there's a bit more
development in the PDA than phone direction possibly.  I don't know any more
about it than's on the website, but I know it makes it look very nice on all
the 'PC' platforms.

wxWidgets -> About -> Datasheets -> embedded something

Not suggesting its the best option, but worth considering.

Tom