W.r.t. the first point in my message of Jun 25: I see that the
behaviour really did improve in 9c. I've experimented a bit and I find
that inserting a new point does in fact sometimes cause a shift in the
existing way. However, the shift is very small, perhaps just one
pixel, so not a problem. Perhaps it's a rounding issue.

- Robert