Hi,

The nicest way I know is using some xslt from here:
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/mapnik-users/2008-June/000986.html

This produces a neatly formatted page listing all the layers, styles and rules with min/max zooms and mouse-overs with details of css parameters
etc.

I took a closer look now and it is really neat, but I don't understand this:

minor-roads
        minor-roads-casing
5 000   1 000
☡
([highway] = 'secondary' or [highway] = 'secondary_link') and not ([tunnel]='yes' or [tunnel]='true')
        CSS:
stroke: #a37b48 stroke-dasharray: stroke-linecap: round stroke- linejoin: round stroke-width: 17;

        minor-roads-fill
5 000   1 000
☡
([highway] = 'secondary' or [highway] = 'secondary_link') and not ([tunnel]='yes' or [tunnel]='true')
        CSS:
stroke: #fdbf6f stroke-dasharray: stroke-linecap: round stroke- linejoin: round stroke-width: 14

Where is the difference between "fill" and the "casing"? The conditions are the same, aren't they?

What do I miss here?

Thanks
Ivo