> Practically everything we have been doing with OSM tags until
> now has
> assumed that keys are unique. Nearly all the software I have
> seen (like
> editors, renderers, etc.) treat keys as if they are unique.

I wondered the other day when I was adding the tag for the
(maritime) museum to the man_made=lighthouse node how the renderers
would cope. I effectively see this as tagging the same node as two
different things. I just got lucky that the keys were different so I
could use both values.

Or perhaps I didn't and the resulting confusion will just mess up
the rendering in that area.

I did struggle with the name tag though and had to put <name of
museum>/<name of lighthouse>.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.94347&lon=1.29057&zoom=17&layer
s=0B00FFF
(It renders as lighthouse on Osmarender layer, which is fine by me.)

Ed