Op donderdag 05-03-2009 om 08:25 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef
marcus.wolsc...@googlemail.com:
> So...is your index a list, tree, heap or hashtable, ... of
> nodetile/waytile/... -structures?
> How is your index stored on disk?
> How are the required nodetile-structs loaded
> into memory?

Well at this moment it's an ordinary sorted list :)
But it might be a good idea to use an advanced index for the tile to
ways index. The index is stored as sequential serialized structs.

To load a required nodetile from disk I'll seek through the sequential
dump of nodetiles which have a fixed record size. The nodes are already
sorted by id in planet.osm. By guessing an address and watching the
value I'll know to look forward or backward.

gr
Dick