On 5th March I wrote:

> I notice it includes something called Accelerators with a map
> category.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc289775(VS.85).aspx
>
> I don't know how complicated it would be to provide an OSM
> Accelerator? If I get time I'll read the above page in more
> detail.

I've knocked together a basic accelerator now (attached) which
doesn't include the optional preview functionality. It uses
gazetteer.openstreetmap.org to find the selected text. You can't
install from a local system so I've stuck it on my homepage (with
suitable button to install it, should anyone want to try it).
http://www.loach.me.uk
I think it works, but gazetteer isn't particularly quick (or is that
just me?).

Ed
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<os:openServiceDescription
    xmlns:os="http://www.microsoft.com/schemas/openservicedescription/1.0";>
    <os:homepageUrl>http://www.openstreetmap.org</os:homepageUrl>
    <os:display>
        <os:name>Map with OSM</os:name>
        <os:icon>http://www.openstreetmap.org/favicon.ico</os:icon>
        <os:description>Map places with OSM.</os:description>
    </os:display>
    <os:activity category="Map">
        <os:activityAction context="selection">
            <os:execute action="http://gazetteer.openstreetmap.org/namefinder/"; method="get">
                <os:parameter name="find" value="{selection}" type="text" />
            </os:execute>
        </os:activityAction>
    </os:activity>
</os:openServiceDescription>