Shaun McDonald wrote:
> Relations take a long time to complete because of the
> check (preconditions_ok?) to make sure that each node,
> way or relation that is in it is valid.

Can we do something about this?

A few weeks further on and, from my Potlatch point of view, this is the only
really serious problem with API 0.6. Lots of other stuff has either sorted
itself out or is on the way to being sorted, but this is still a big
problem. You can't edit anything other than small relations with Potlatch
any more, which is ironic given that Dave's excellent relations
implementation in Potlatch is arguably the reason why relations took off in
the first place. Rails takes so long to check it that Flash Player times
out, and I've gone back to using ncn_ref for cycle routes for that reason.

My personal preference would be to have discrete operations for "add
member(s) to relation" and "delete member(s) from relation" (with the usual
version number checks, of course). That way you only need to run the check
on the members that are being added/deleted. But I'd be interested to hear
other ideas.

cheers
Richard