I've been importing with:
motel:osmosis-0.31 eco$ bin/osmosis --read-xml-0.6
file="/Volumes/Planet/planet.osm" --write-apidb-0.6
populateCurrentTables=yes host="localhost" database="****" user="****"
password="****" validateSchemaVersion=no

and it's been running the following query for about 24 hours:

SELECT Count(*) AS changesetCount FROM changesets WHERE id=$1

I don't remember this occurring in previous import attempts. Has it stalled,
and should I cancel and try again?

(As mentioned above I'd like to skip changesets if they're going to add a
lot of time to the import.  Also I couldn't find documentation for skipping
changesets; maybe I should just remove that table and it'll figure it out?)

I've been using the first half of the apidb06-latest schema, following
directions here:

http://gis.hsr.ch/wiki/HowTo_OpenStreetMap#Howto_mit_PostgreSQL

Jeff