2009/6/10 Wolfgang Schreiter <blub...@gmx.at>:
> I just tried to edit an already existing large and detailed forest area
> containing more than 2500 nodes in JOSM. I reduced the number of nodes to
> 1898 using some multipolygon relations for holes and cutting off a few
> outlying areas. However, the API still returns "Error header: You tried to
> add 2555 nodes to the way, however only 2000 are allowed". This being so,
> the only solution would be to delete and then recreate the area, which is
> obviously not an option.

While we're at it, I'd like to request that this message reports the
id of the offending way and that other error messages from the API are
also checked for that the id is included (I remember one other error I
got recently that didn't actually mention which object it was talking
about).  Today I had a large upload with lots of large polygons and it
was difficult to find that one I had forgotten to split (I normally
split at 500 or less).

Also it would be great if the API could keep on parsing the changeset
for further errors and report all instead of only the first error on
each try, but I realize it would be a little inconsisten with the http
error number returned, which there can be only one.

Cheers