On 16 Jun 2009, at 22:00, Ian Dees wrote:

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Shaun McDonald <sh...@shaunmcdonald.me.uk > wrote: The program that is uploading the file should be adding the changeset id for every node, way and relation.

The initial generation shouldn't include them, as you probably don't know what the changeset will be until the upload starts.

Yes, that was my thought. I would have thought that JOSM would add the changeset ID in once it opens the changeset and retrieves the ID as part of the upload process.

Is that a bug in JOSM?

Is the file that is written out stating the version of the file as 0.5 or 0.6?

If you set it as 0.6, it should work, assuming it is all new data, otherwise in JOSM you will need to do an update first.

Shaun