Hello,

today I put some time into installing Mapnik, Postgres and the OSM tools.
All worked, but there's an akward problems with the rendered image.

I'm using genereate_image.py because I don't need tiles, at least not for
now.

The problem is, that in different scales (bbox to image size) colours of
the ways changes and finally some ways vanish. Those vanishing are as far
as I can see highways except tracks and bridges for all kinds of highways.

To illustrate the problem I put together a small document:
http://home.mnet-online.de/nils9/mapnik_problem.html
Data imported in the DB is just a cutout from the planet.osm, thus the
empty world around the city.

Is that a known effect and if yes, what is the remedy?

Thanks,
Nils