2009/9/2 Roland Olbricht <roland.olbri...@gmx.de>:
>> > http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Server_Side_Script
>>
>> that sounds cool. Did not know it before. It's not advertised a lot ;)
>> What are the limits? Frederik mentioned a query against a polygon might
>> be slow. Which area could be returned? Only a city? Bavaria? France?
>
> The query against a polygon is in general not very expensive. Retrieving a
> single polygon takes a single hard disk hit, and the computational effort can
> be neglected against that.

Off topic, but what might be a reason for a boundary relation (such as
224459) not appearing in any coords-query, for locations inside and
outside it alike, and returning no data for an area-query, but also no
error?  I don't suppose node number limit?

The relation validates with both the "Find Conflicts" script on
http://78.46.81.38/#section.debug_area and with the relation analyzer
website.

Cheers