On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 08:35:51AM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] what server next?
>
> On 08/09/09 08:21, Florian Lohoff wrote:
>
>> Sometimes i'd like to actively contact mappers in that distant region and
>> mostly i dont care what they are called - simply - send email to top most
>> recently active mappers in that region.
>
> This has been discussed a number of times - it's not something that
> needs any new hardware though. The problems with it are all about
> software and about the risk of it being abused.

The possibility is already there - i wrote my own scripts around
it - selecting users from my database mirror and then using some
perl magic to post the messages to the OSM message system.

Also I'd like to be able to answer to messages via mail
not the web frontend. I dont like to touch my mouse for writing
emails ... I am already thinking of doing some procmail/perl stuff
to rewrite from adress on OSM messages and replying to a virtual gateway
of mine which will repost the message to the OSM message system.

If OSM usernames would not allow spaces and be case sensitive
it would be possible to make the OSM usernames an email adress.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                         f...@rfc822.org
"Es ist ein grobes Missverständnis und eine Fehlwahrnehmung, dem Staat