>> Atm. my fallback-plan is to wait until the Wikimedia-Guys finished
>> setup of their copy of the osm-db (which will contain the history
>> tables!)
Okay, maybe i was too fast & too loud..

> It might contain the history tables, but it will not contain history
> data unless they have access to a dump with full history - which would
> have to be provided by us first.
Hmm when I looked at [0] under "Main OSM mirror database" I saw the
point "mirror production osm main database". The (unanswered) questions
below (e.g. "what will be mirrored?") are from me, btw.

Some days ago I saw [1] and they state "WM OSM DB ~600GB" but the slide
also tells that this information comes from a planet-file so - no history..

Okay that bye, bye 2nd plan.

> Just because they are Wikimedia doesn't mean they somehow magically have
> data that others don't have ;-)
They don't? D'ohh... :(

Peter

[0] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Maps_server_setup_tasks