On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:49:26 +0200, Pieren wrote:

> I don't think it is a good idea. If you do so, we will not see anymore
> some potential issues like bots (see another thread) or vandalism.

The area size is irrelevant and should be completely ignored.

What I would like to know if anybody edited any node or way in area I'm
watching, no matter how big the edited area is.

Currently I see edits in my city area [1] even if somebody adds a weather
station in Antartica and his area is "whole world".
This is implemented completely wrong. I shouldn't see anything that is
not edited in area I'm watching, no matter what is the size of area of
other persons that edit.

And other issue is that RSS feed [2] has no "Area (big)" string. If it
had I could as a temporary hack use Yahoo pipes to exclude "big" areas,
but there are also some valid big areas that actually have edited points
in area that I'm watching so that is not the real solution.

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/history?bbox=18.5866%2C45.5177%2C18.7716%
2C45.5863

[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/history/feed?bbox=18.5866%2C45.5177%
2C18.7716%2C45.5863