2009/10/14 Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com>:
> Perhaps you will decide that the tracks are not worth contributing.

They were worth contributing, there was large sections of highways not
previously mapped.

> Your donor could do this and edit OSM as well.  He'll have context
> from his direct experience that nobody else might be able to extract
> from his track files.  Importing data is cool.  Creating new mappers
> is better.

Just because they can drive around with a GPS that logs doesn't mean
they are capable or willing to do anything else. I've already
vectorised most of the data that hasn't previously been uploaded to
OSM so that side of things is done, it's just the limiations on what I
can do with the GPX files that is the issue.