Hello,
I am working on a student project (team of 6 people) whose goal is to build
a solution allowing mobile devices to display indoor data along with wifi
geopositioning. (I am willing citing this because contrary to
http://www.micello.com or http://www.aws.cit.ie/mapume/ who we just found
about, we want to have something fully open source/free software).
As part of this project, we have decided to use the openstreetmap server
software technology.

Someone at University of Calford (UK) did the same as us and managed to draw
into a self-hosted openstreetmap server, the inside of some campus's
bookstore.
See here :
http://www.ja.net/development/network-access/location-awareness/investigations-la.html<=
B2. Interactive Maps =
http://www.ja.net/documents/development/network-access/location-awareness/investigations/B2-interactive-maps-2.pdf

"@page 14 (or 270 in page footers)
"What worked well was the fact that whilst OpenStreetMap is intended for
outdoor maps it
can be made to work equally well for indoor maps. The interactive server can
be configured to
provide further zoom levels to display the resolution required for indoor
maps. The provision of
interactive elements can then be achieved by editing the PostGIS database to
include additional
objects, which can then be rendered by the mapnik renderer. Each additional
interactive object
will require its own unique style to be predefined to ensure that they
appear correctly on the
portable device."

I have put Nigel Linge who I believe is the author of this PDF and paragraph
as a recipient of this e-mail too.

Could someone tell precisely what config changes need to be done for indoor
precision & objects, starting from a regular openstreetmap server setup such
as that described on
http://weait.com/content/build-your-own-openstreetmap-server ?

I basically would like to be able to draw every possible object contained in
a building/home/construction.
I have started creating a tags draft for indoor which is very limited at :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features#Proposed_Features_-_Indoor

By the way, who would like to collaborate with my team on our indoor self-
and objects geopositionning project relying on openstreetmap and java-based
mobile applications ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jonathan-David Schröder
Student in 5th in embedded systems at ECE Paris, France