Sajjad,
This sounds like an interesting idea - effectively an extension to embedding
a simple OSM map on a web page to include data from another source.
While I think this is possible with existing javascript libraries such as
OpenLayers, I think the main aim of this project is to make that easy for a
more casual user, who does not speak much JavaScript.
It think this would be a useful contribution.   It is also very nice to see
suggestions coming from prospective students, thank you!

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Graham.

On 14 March 2010 17:22, Sajjad Anwar <sajja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have put forward an idea into the GSoC 2010 wiki page. The link is here
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/GSoC_Project_Ideas_2010#OpenStreetMap_Mashup_generator
> It is basically to create an easy to use mashup generator based on
> OpenLayers API,  to enable people to use OpenStreetMap data in various ways
> including presenting on a web page and taking print outs.
>
> I would personally love to take this project forward, if everyone thinks
> this is worth developing and feasible. Waiting for comments and suggestions.
>

> Regards.
> --
> Sajjad Anwar | http://geohackers.in | Blog: http://sajjad.in

Dr. Graham Jones