>>>>> "lk" == Lukas Kabrt <lu...@kabrt.cz> writes:

  lk> I wrote a draft of my GSoC application. It is available on wiki [1]. I
  lk> tried to define goals more precisely. Any comments are appreciated.

  Hi Lukas,

  Your draft looks solid to me. Some points I suggest you consider:

    - reuse existing libraries like osm4routing[1] for .osm parsing (week 1)

    - think about how you could obtain representative GPX files and
      filter out those that don't correspond to the vehicle type/driving
      pattern you are interested in (many GPX tracks in OSM are likely
      unrepresentative of normal driving)

    - perhaps consult potential consumers of your travel time
    - information (openrouteservice.org, navit, gosmore, etc.) to ensure
      that your information meets their requirements

    - (in a later version of your proposal) add some bibliography
      concerning algorithms for map matching

  [1] http://github.com/Tristramg/osm4routing

--
Eric Marsden