Thanks for the info. That's really strange, but it has been that slow
since the beginning, and it was a new server. Do you have some special
tuning of the PostgreSQL DB? What is your shared_buffers size?

If you're saying that it's far from end - I'm wondering how big the DB
will grow? If it's like this it won't work on this machine anyway (750
GB disk space).