Ah, thats right, changeset comments are just tags against the changeset.

I was just going to describe what I change in the changeset, this is
the comment I was going to use,

"Add land parcels (cadastral boundaries) from best guess from nearmap
imagery, and add street numbers and apartment block names from survey
to these parcels. boundary=cadastre is something I just made up, will
need to discuss the use of this further. Unable to assign the role
street to the associatedStreet relations because you need to make a
relation containing all the segments of the street, and how to do that
is not well agreed upon (multipolygon, collected way, route?)."

I feel that if I leave anything out, then someone might not be able to
gather why I've done something a certain way in that changeset.

Linking to somewhere on the wiki seems like a good idea, I think
instead I'll just add my changeset comment as a diary entry and link
to the diary entry in the changeset comment. At least this allows
people to discuss a given changeset further (something I've wanted to
be able to do myself in the past without needing to send a private
message).

Thanks.