Personally I think that any tool that can process a video recording in
a reasonable amount of time and detect most street signs will be a
significant accomplishment. Even if it does not integrate with an
editor.

Let's suppose your video stream is of high quality and the lighting
conditions are good. Now there is some stationary object like a pole
that obscures the street sign during some of the frames. For the tool
to be useful, it needs to handle it correctly.

2011/3/21 Matthias Meißer <dig...@arcor.de>:
> Hi Keshan,
>
> I'm currently working on the videomapping plugin as my bachelor thesis. I
> guess this would be a good starting point.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/VideoMapping
>
> Personaly I'm not that sure, how a detection of signs can be added in the
> workflow but let's see ;)
>
> Matthias

  • [OSM-dev] [GSoC... Keshan Sodimana | කේෂාන් සෝදිමාන
    • Re: [OSM-d... Matthias Meißer
      • Re: [O... Nic Roets
    • Re: [OSM-d... Kai Krueger
      • Re: [O... Kai Krueger
      • Re: [O... Stefan de Konink
        • Re... Keshan Sodimana | කේෂාන් සෝදිමාන
          • ... Gehling Marc
            • ... Keshan Sodimana | කේෂාන් සෝදිමාන
          • ... Kai Krueger
            • ... Keshan Sodimana | කේෂාන් සෝදිමාන