On Fri, 8 Jul 2011, Jeff Haack wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to build a custom JOSM with Indonesian language added, since
it hasn't been added in yet, however I am running into problems.  The end
result is always that I can choose Indonesian in the language settings, but
all of the text remains in English.

What I've done is:

download JOSM from svn
get the indonesian po file from launchpad
run *118n.pl ./ po/** to get the .lang files
copy the lang files into core/data
add this line to the init function:          languages.put("id",
PluralMode.MODE_NOTONE);
and build with ant

The resulting josm.jar file allows me to switch to Indonesian but all the
text remains in English.  I thought this might be a problem with the
plurals, but even if I copy the Spanish po file and use it to create
id.lang, it still comes out as English.  I'm not really sure how to add the
MODE, the header of id.po reads "Plural-Forms: nplurals=1; plural=0;\n"

Any ideas why everything remains in English?

I fixed this. You simply need to uncomment "id" language in newest code I18n.init() function.

Your language is one of the special languages, where Java code and the newer language codes don't match. I added workaround code for this case.

Thanks to your report I could also fix the other case (Hebrew) which is the other language with same problem.

Ciao