Hi,

Graham Jones wrote:
I picked Carto over Cascadenik for the same reason - that it seems to be developing actively, and is reported to be significantly faster.

Has anyone done a proper comparison between MapCSS and Carto? Does Carto have any advantages? It has always been my impression that Carto was rather a niche "not invented here" thing whereas half the world supports MapCSS, and maybe one should simply fix TileMill to use MapCSS like everyone else does and be done with it. But that is a very prejudiced view from a hardcore OSM guy, and maybe Carto is more widely used outside OSM circles (or maybe Carto has the superior design or super cool features that MapCSS hasn't); I wouldn't know. Hence my question if there's a good comparison anywhere, ideally by someone who wasn't involved in the development of either.

Bye
Frederik