On 31-05-2011 00:25, Frederik Ramm wrote:
Hi,

mar...@gmx.eu wrote:
osm2pgsql persists on getting coordinates (lon/lat) even when it
reads an .osc file and the OSM object in question is to delete.

Which software generates .osc files that do *not* have lon/lat attributes
on nodes to be deleted?

My question: Does osm2pgsql really need the coordinates of an object
which is to delete anyway?

No.

Well. Maybe. This changed caused nodes to not be deleted from my database, since I was applying a bbox the change was getting discarded since the bbox check failed.

So either the lon/lat *is* needed, or the bbox check should be skipped for the delete action. Someone with more smarts than me should decide which option is smarter.

This optimisation/problem does not exist in the 64-bit branch that got promoted to the current version recently.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk