On 09/14/2011 01:22 AM, Kai Krueger wrote:

> I think skill wise it would be fairly trivial to try it out. Osm2pgsql
> already has a fall back to do these stages in sequence for the case that
> pthreads aren't supported. As I think currently this is the only place
> that threads are used, you should be able to simply undefine pthreads
> and recompile osm2pgsql.

i've added an option --parallel-indexing which defaults to 0
and can only be set to one if pthreads are available, full
tree is

  https://github.com/hholzgra/osm2pgsql/tree/sequential_indexing

and the actual patch can be seen in

https://github.com/hholzgra/osm2pgsql/commit/f779298ba9b2cc84b3949f3fd4b684ea64bcee34

(ignore the extra comma in the first chunk, that's an edit
artifact i forgot to remove, it does not harm though as C
compilers are fine with lists ending in a trailing comma
in most cases)

--
hartmut