Hi,

On 09/21/11 13:13, Erik Johansson wrote:
A bit off topic: I just tried overpass and was surprised that the
default seems to be to strip the version and date, I'm not so keen on
that "feature".

Thinking about this, I like the stripping of the version number.

We're having a lot of trouble with people doing mass edits by using XAPI etc. to download e.g. everything with name=McDonalds world-wide and replacing that with name=McDonald's - breaking a lot of correct things in the process. Not serving the version number on XAPI, Overpass and others would send a clear signal that these services are not to be used for editing.

Bye
Frederik