Hi,

I have a working installation of Mod_tile + Tirex + Mapnik rendering a
small region. The next step was to create s simpler style without
landuse and with transparent background in order to use this as an
overlay. Currently osm.xml have a map background of #B5D0D0 (assuming
that this is due to the fact that a lot of tiles contain water areas).
The rendered tiles have instead a background of "#F1EEE8" so somewhere
this is set, but a search in the original style (and any includes) led
me to nothing.

Have anyone tried to generate transparent tiles with Mapnik. I am
missing something here?

Thanks,
Ciprian