I've got an OSM tile server based on the Ubuntu instructions that I've been running and updating with Minutely Mapnik for over a month now. I just noticed that southern Australia has issues like incomplete roads, lack of large rivers, no green spaces, and no city labels. I have no idea how or when that happened, but any hints would be welcome.

But that's not really the question. What I'd like to do is re-import the latest planet definition that I'm about 4 hours away from completely downloading. Can I just use the same osm2pgsql import command that I did originally or do I need to do something special to the gis PostGreSQL database that's been updated for a month?

And if I do just the original import, will the old and new maps try to fit in the database concurrently until the import is done (about doubling the DB size), or does the current data go away as soon as the new import starts?

I've not seen any instructions on how to do such a thing, so answers or links would be most welcome.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ