> I had a brief conversation with Roland Olbricht about this who suggested
> that maybe his Overpass API could be fashioned into producing such diffs
> but I don't think anybody had really implemented anything.

That the good thing about the dev, talk and talk-de mailing lists: I put this
on priority "nice to have" after the FOSSGIS conference, but given the fact
that it is actively requested here, I'll include it in the next version, to be
released during June.

I think it would be best done on the next Karlsruhe Hack Weekend in June, but
at the moment it looks like I can't participate due to another appointment that
weekend.

Cheers,

Roland