On 29/05/12 15:06, Sven Geggus wrote:
> On Unix "-H localhost" does not make sence as does SSL because local access
> using unix domain sockets should be much faster and encryption is not needed
> on localhost.

well, still it does, as access via a network socket is different than
direct local access, at least from an authentication perspective.

but still, it's contradictory that initial access works fine, and then
there is an SSL error at the end?

> Try again with a small OSM file (e.g. downloaded via API) and
> without the "-H localhost" option.

interestingly, another small file went through fine using the very same
options.

since then I'm importing the same Europe file, but with a defined
bounding box (-b option). now this seems to have went through, but it's
spending over 10 hours now after this step, doing high I/O by posgres:

All indexes on  planet_osm_polygon created  in 577s
Completed planet_osm_polygon
Stopped table: planet_osm_rels in 819s

I wonder what it is doing all this time..

Akos