On 13-11-2012 15:48, Simon Legner wrote:

I'd like to find out what the current status of the Mapnik stylesheets
for www.osm.org is. The most recent changes are from June 2012 [1], and
the number of open tickets in TRAC is >400 [2].

Currently it's in a bit of a holding pattern. Personally, I'm waiting for an update of the server, which should bring a newer version of the mapnik render software. The other regular maintainer is on Windows, and would need a Windows build of that mapnik to come back to developing the style.

Who is responsible for incorporating changes? Is some help needed? How
are those changes applied to the main rendering server?

The changes are committed to svn. This is then retrieved on the OSM rendering server and rendering is restarted with the new style.

I'd like to see some accepted tagging systems like the public transport
schema [3] be handled by the stylesheet.

This requires a reload of the database to at least get public_transport=* in.

Handling role values, like "stop", is not supported yet.

--
Lennard