Stephan Knauss <o...@stephans-server.de> writes:

> On 06.02.2013 21:25, Andrew M. Bishop wrote:
>> Does anybody know if there is a released version of Mapnik that
>> supports ids up to (2^32)-1 rather than requiring an unreleased 64-bit
>> version?
>
> could you give details about a use case where mapnik needs the osm_id? The
> "official" styles do not contain a reference to osm_id, it's an internal thing
> in the database.

> Might be worth being clarified on the wiki page. Currently it reads as mapnik
> is
> broken in general.

I asked the question based on the new wiki page which says that the
unreleased Mapnik version 2.2 is required for 64-bit ids.

My question could have been more accurately stated as:

If using the "standard" toolchain of osm2psql, postgresql and mapnik
what is the minimum software versions that are needed to continue
creating maps after ids reach 2^31-1?

The wiki page says that osm2psql version 0.81.1 is required but the
version that I have reports itself as "osm2pgsql SVN version 0.80.0
(32bit id space)".  This suggests to me that it will work up until id
2^32-1 appears but this may be wishful thinking on my part.

--
Andrew.