Hi,

On 06/27/2013 09:33 AM, Akos Maroy wrote:
I'd like to inquire about the estimated disk size needed to import the
planet osm file into PostGIS?

320 GB on a machine I am running.

/usr/local/bin/osm2pgsql -d osm_world -s -C 5800 --hstore-all -K -v -G
-m  planet-130620.osm.bz2

I use --flat-nodes which saves more than 50 GB and is quicker. I don't use -K, and I don't use --hstore-all either; both will certainly blow up the space needed. I recommend using a shape file for coastlines like everyone else does, and to have a look at --hstore-match-only (you really don't need stuff *twice* in your database) and use a stripped style.xml that ensures you don't store tons and tons of "note" and "source" tags and other import side products. You don't want to burden your SSD with tags like "gnis:Class", "NHD:FType", "tiger:PCICBSA", or "canvec:UUID" ;)

Bye
Frederik