Hi

Am 23.01.2014 18:28, schrieb Matt Amos:
> i encourage everyone to take a look and report back any problems you
> find. my thanks to Peter Körner, who seems to already be doing this -
> with no problems?

No problems yet. Have run two splits of those files already
(http://osm.personalwerk.de/full-history-extracts/)

What do you think about adopting the osmium-naming-scheme for history files?
 .osm.[bz2|gz|pbf] -> regular osm files
 .osh.[bz2|gz|pbf] -> history files
 .osc.[bz2|gz]-> changeset-files

That would make detecting the kind of file at first glance more easy and
it also fits nicely int othe .osc-file nameing convention.

I'm going to implement a regular run that generates fresh extracts every
week from the available file. Is there any note on which weekday the
full-history-dumps are generated, so I can loosely sync my split-script
to that rhythm?

I xml-writing takes only half as long as xml-reading I'd double-think
about supplying xml-based files. nobody really has fun reading such huge
files with expat. And if it's really neccessary, there's always
osmium_convert which will generate xmls from pbf-dumps or -extracts locally.

Regards, Peter