sly (sylvain letuffe) wrote:
>> and since diffs are only available for the whole planet
>
> FYI, that isn't true anymore :
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Planet.osm/diffs#Regionally_limited_diffs
> Geofabrik is providing daily diffs for "any subregion you can imagine"
...daily diffs. And, e.g. just for a part of Russia, not the whole.

> and french association provides minute diffs for several countries, and the
> list can be increased on case by cases along with a real need.
Which need is real and which is imaginary? What do I do if I have a
polygon, then increase it as space allows, then change it once more
when I have more money to spare — every time I would ask french
association (which doesn't have any reason to help me) to alter a
cutting polygon?

I prefer to rely only on official services when possible, thus no
augmented diff processing, for example. If, with comments above, this
script is still not the best way to have regional minutely updates,
please point me to an alternative.

IZ