Hello Akanksha,

Akanksha Srivastava schrieb:
> 1)* Web application for sharing 3D-Models to use in OSM-related
> 3D-Applications *- Requires development of a web application. I am well
> versed in Ruby on Rails therefore I would like to develop this application
> in that technology. However if a lighter web application is required then I
> can develop in any Python based web framework like flask or bottles.

I've suggested this project together with Tordanik (o...@tobias-knerr.de).
If you have specific questions regarding this project you may contact us.

Depending on your skills and patience this project is quite large and
extensible. Besides the simple upload and download of 3D models there
should be a way to place 3d buildings on a map, discussing or rank
buildings, store metadata to models and so on. Additionaly we had hoped
for a store for image textures that can be used by 3D modelers.

Anyway, think about it. You can discuss details with us but you should
especially prepare a meaningful application and put some thoughts into
the details yourself.

> 2)*Learning platform for Overpass API:* Documentation and easy to follow
> tutorials are required to learn any new piece of technology and it would be
> very stimulating for me to learn the Overpass API myself and as then
> document my experience as a beginner to make it easier for future users. I
> am well versed with Javascript and HTML.

The idea's proposer (Martin) propably already contacted you, if not, he
probably will do so soon.

> 3) *Moderation Queue for osm.org <http://osm.org>: *I have prior experience
> in Ruby on Rails so I would be very interested in developing a web
> extension for the osm website.

Please have a look at Serge's detailed project description here
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Emacsen#GSoC_OSM_Anomaly_Detection_Project_Description

If you have specific questions regarding this project, I'm sure you may
contact Serge or ask here.

> I request the mentors to guide me on how to get started to contributing to
> the project.

Make yourself familiar with OSM. Know about the data, the individual
software projects, the maps,... You should also make some valuable
additions to the map (e.g. in your region) and include your OSM user
name to your application. Besides the application, having worked with
OSM and added data to the map increases your chances to get a better
rank.

Peda