    I like this change a lot. Now GPS tracks are clearly visible on
    the satellite image. I look at GPS tracks carefully in JOSM before
    going to mountains.

are you aware you can change all UI colours in JOSM in the settings? I've for years been using a neon-green as that's providing nice contrast on the aerial images in my area (and also against the osm objects in standard style).

    I wish it could be possible to view GPS tracks in magenta color as
    a map layer at the main OSM page, and also in mobile applications,
    especially like MAPS.ME <http://MAPS.ME>, which allow to download
    a map (often no Internet access in mountains).

maps.me <http://maps.me> have their own issue tracker on github

    It would be a potentially life-saving feature.

exaggeration ;-)
everything could be potentially life-saving, it depends on the particular circumstances.

Cheers,
Martin

People get lost in wilderness all the time [1]. And not only in mountains, it could be a forest, jungles, swamp, etc. Sometimes they are stuck for days just couple of kilometres from civilization. Often it is not possible just go to a certain general direction, as it is necessary to know the way, which may be not mapped yet, though the GPS track may well exist.

A GPS track means that someone undeniably walked the route and returned safely to upload this track.

brgds
O.

[1] http://news.discovery.com/adventure/survival/us-teen-survives-48-hours-lost-in-swiss-alps-150204.htm