Am Sonntag, den 29.01.2017, 21:07 +0300 schrieb Ilya Zverev:
> Try this one: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/lAf
>
> Though I'm not sure why it doesn't catch all the weird Icelandic
> characters. See this post for better option, although in
> development:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mmd/diary/40197

Maybe it would be useful to integrate such checks into JOSM. A new
feature of JOSM is support of territory selectors for validator rules (
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help/Styles/MapCSSImplementation#Ter
ritoryselector), which makes it very easy to implement such checks on
non-native characters.

Here in Germany these edits by Maps.me users are also a problem. Not
just name=*, but also name:de=* is used for non-german names, typically
done by asian tourists or arab migrants. Examples: http://www.openstree
tmap.org/node/4148553590 or http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/369353103
3/history.

Regards