On 1 July 2017 at 21:56, Tom Hughes <t...@compton.nu> wrote:
> In any case most of the SEO related issues I have seen in OSM do not appear
> to be automated - they tend to give the appearance of being outsourced to
> India or the far east and done at least semi-manually.

I see a lot of edits in Australia like this. They do appear to be
manual and they are mostly welcome since they are adding mostly
correct data, even if it's not 100% accurate.

They all follow the same trend, they
* use a new account for each business (named after the business),
* always include a description tag which is copied from the website,
* always include the website tag,
* sometimes include opening hours or phone number, but never seem to
enter opening hours or phone number in the correct format
* don't respond to changeset comments
* they don't always get the location in the exact spot (like you would
from someone doing a ground survey)