Hi,

This should be interesting for OSM-related projects which need some hardware base, for example for testing or hosting purposes (I think about vector tiles server, which is very resource consuming task).

There's a project called Subutai, which is basically a P2P social cloud solution, where you can share virtual machines instead of just files:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/say-hi-subutai
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_cloud_computing
https://subutai.io/tutorials-installation.html

Subutai tries to promote open projects in a really bold way (which should be less surprising if you know who a Jon “maddog” Hall is, but still...):

https://subutai.io/helping-the-good-guys.html

Does anybody here already use this solution and can share his experiences?

--
"My method is uncertain/ It's a mess but it's working" [F. Apple]