Hi Claude,

I would recommend a more sophisticated approach using map matching,
otherwise how could you be sure which of the many nearby roads at a
crossing is the one the vehicle drives through?

There are many services and open source software that implements this,
so I won't recommend just ours ;)

Regards
Peter

Am 18.04.19 um 13:41 schrieb Rory McCann:
> This can be done with the Overpass API, not the OSM editing API
>
>     way(around:25,LAT,LON)["maxspeed"];out;
>
> This should give you all ways within 25 m of a point with the maxpseed
> tag. Be warned though: Most of the main overpass servers do have
> access limits, and building a business relying on things that can be
> shut off without warning might not be a good idea.
>
> On 16/04/2019 09:09, TrackingCentral wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am wanting to be able to return the current road my passing a http
>> request to the api endpoint passing the co ordinates of the users
>> location with each request.
>>
>> Just wondering if this function already exist and it is a matter of
>> sending the http request to the api each time ???
>>
>> Basically I have gps tracking devices that send location data to my
>> server every 3 second and want the road speed of their location
>> determined by the api and returned each time I send the http request
>> to the api endpoint.
>>
>> Can you also advise the variable name that is returned that will hold
>> the road speed.
>>
>> Claude Raiola
>>
>> TrackingCentral Pty Ltd
>> 61-414 228 948

GraphHopper.com - fast and flexible route planning