A (private) program I use which accesses the OSM API has stopped working
since the last time I used it, a couple of weeks ago. Read-only calls to
the API, including a (proven correct) Authentication header are now
failing with 401 Unauthorized, with the returned body indicating a
problem with the username/password. The same call without the
Authorization header succeeds. I swear nothing has changed on my side;
double-checking the auth header with Fiddler shows the username/password
I expect, and I can still logout/login using these values (which I
haven't changed).

Is there anything going on, or has anything changed on the API, that may
be causing this?

Sample URL: GET on
https://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/relation/8465619

I know I can just remove the authentication - it was added for "future
use" anyway - but why has it suddenly broken?

Thanks,

Colin