On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 01:00:44PM +0200, Attila Czébán wrote:
> Dear Jean,
>
> I read the following documentation about the rate limiter API.
> http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2011-January/005639.html
> I have some questions about it.
>
> We have an SDN testbed at Budapest University of Technology. We have
> HP-E3500yl switches with K.15.15.0006 firmware

        I'll stop you right there. This is not a firware I created and
distributed, so it does not have *my* version of the Rate Limiter
API. I believe that some version of the standard OpenFlow firmware
have the Rate Limiter API, however with a different Vendor ID.
        Please try to recompile OVS with Vendor ID = 0x00:24:81.

        Alternatively, you could try OpenFlow 1.3 support. In OpenFlow
1.3, the Rate Limiter API is included in the standard. Version of OVS
beyond 2.1 would have the OF Meter API, and recent ProCurve firmwares
should also support it. But I never tried it.

> Thanks,
> Attila Czébán

        Good luck !

        Jean