On 02/04/15 at 03:17pm, Pravin Shelar wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Thomas Graf <tg...@noironetworks.com> wrote:
> > +
> > +       flags = TUNNEL_KEY;
> > +       vxlan_port = vxlan_vport(vport);
> > +       if (vxlan_port->exts & VXLAN_F_GBP && md->gbp)
> > +               flags |= TUNNEL_VXLAN_OPT;
> >
> why not just check for md->gpb?
>
> I do not see value in storing vxlan_port->ext. This is redundant
> information, we can just look at vxlan_sock->flags in
> vxlan_get_options() to generate vxlan port configuration.

I kept it because vxlan_sock only holds the receive side flags only
as masked with VXLAN_F_RCV_FLAGS. GBP is not split into a receive and
transmit flag so your suggestion would work for GBP but as we introduce
support for RCO, we need to keep the VXLAN_F_REMCSUM_TX flag in the
vport somewhere.

I'm planning to add RCO support too and would use it there. What do
you think?